Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio

  • park
  • chapel
  • chateau
  • museum
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio
Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio

Choltice - chateau, museum exhibit, and Chapel of St. Romedio

Location:
Železnohorsko
Address:
Sv. Trojice 1
533 61 Choltice
GPS:
49°59'48"N 15°37'08"E
Contacts:
+420 734 257 579
kastelan@choltice.cz
http://www.zamek-choltice.cz

The first written mention of Choltice dates to 1285 with Beneš of Choltice, one of the leading nobles at the time of King Václav II. Most likely in the second half of the 16th century the fortress was rebuilt into a relatively large chateau, which had thirty-five rooms in 1620. Preserved today is a building with a corner tower in the northeastern part of the chateau grounds. A fundamental change occurred under Romedius Konstantin, who chose Choltice as his residence and soon left the site of the old chateau to build a new Baroque chateau, including the Chapel of St. Romedius with rich stucco and painting ornamentation.

Barrier-free:
  Does not complies
  Does not complies
Information is retrieved from the portal www.vychodni-cechy.info using the CZeCOT database.